Monday 5 August 2013

Shabby Lace Book

Morning Crafters,

Well I'm back from my little holiday.  We had a lovely time, riding through the woods on our bikes, even a bit of off-roading, thanks to the men, typical. We tried our hand at Archery, which I enjoyed but wasn't very good at,  I just got it right one shot before the end as the Trainer advised that I was holding my hand too low.  My younger sister was a dab hand at the Archery, hitting the bulls eye several times, I think she must of done some training before we came away, lol.

Thank you to all that have visited my blog whilst I was away and leaving me comments, I know it takes time and I really do appreciate each and every one.

The theme today at LLC is the lyrics from "It's a Wonderful World".  I have chosen inspiration from "Trees are GREEN" and "red ROSES too", so I have used green and roses in my lace book as well as the papers.  I'm sure you are all familiar with the new collection by MayaDesign called Sofiero, aren't they beautiful and how can they make this collection a limited one, are they mad.  Anyway it will come as  no surprise to you today that I have used 3 papers from this collection to make my lace book.  I have been dying to make one of these books ever since Elin posted hers, soooo gorgeous and inspirational, thank you Elin.  Hope you like my version....
I found the vintage pages on Pinterest, aren't they fab and if you want to print them too, head on over to my Pinterest where you will find the link.  I printed several and cut the front and back of the book out of mount board and made the pages for the lace out of cardboard so that I could pin the lace in if necessary.


The dress is made out of 3 of the MayaDesign Sofiero papers, links at the bottom of the page.



I used 2 inch book rings so that I could put all those scraps of lace somewhere handy too.


Here's a picture of the book before I added all the little scraps of lace that come in handy to tie on tags.  You will also notice the Melissa Frances resin corner on the right hand side, love these.



 Here's a picture of the back of the book and I added the Maya Road sewing kit.  I coloured the scissors and the needle with a silver leaf pen.



And here's a peek at some of my lace collection.




I would like to enter my lace book into the following challenges:-
Bastel-Traum - Shabby Chic/Vintage
Card and Scrap - Anything Goes
TokboBok - Vintage
Crafty Calendar - Anything Goes

Hugs Tracy x

Follow Me on Pinterest

45 comments:

cuilliesocks said...

Absolutely stunning Tracy, a real work of art, with such beautiful lace. Gorgeous image and design a beautiful keepsake for someone, Kate x

Kelly Lloyd said...

Simply stunning Tracey. So so pretty, I could look at it for hours
Hugs Kelly

Merkku said...

This is amazing!
I just love it!!!!

Linda Levoir said...

*Jawdrop* Totally amazing project. Love it xx

Carol Willis said...

Stunning creation Tracy, love it.
Hugs
Caz x

Sue said...

WOW!!!! This is absolutely stunning Tracy. Such a gorgeous design and your detailing is amazing. I especially like all the detailing on the dress.
Glad you had a good holiday.
hugs Sue xx

Unknown said...

so gorgeous!!!!! I will be happy to have this creation! .o))
Jasmina

Cathrine said...

I love it!!!! Wow, how amazing!
I want one too ;)

Ann Marie Governale said...

This is simply a masterpiece... I am blown away by your talent and creativitiy! Just love this creation!!! xxx Ann Marie

Shanna Shands said...

You did amazing. I could never put so much lace in one place.... I hoard it :( maybe I should take a lesson and use some so I can buy more!!!

Katie said...

Just gorgeous Tracy, a perfect spot for that fabulous collection of lace

Kelly said...

Love your book!!! The dress on the front is gorgeous and all the ribbons and laces, oh you have my heart on this one!!! When you are sick of this amazing creation can I buy it?? hehe
Glad you had a wonderful holiday. So refreshing!
Hugs Kelly

Mickie said...

Beautiful creation!

Jenny Marples said...

A thing of pure beauty. Would love to sit and look at this for a good hour or so to take in all the details! Hugs, Jenny x

Unknown said...

A stunning beauty!!
I would love to make something like this.
If you ever wish to part with it....you know where to find me....lol

Happy Crafting
Tracie
http://homeofthepurskey.blogspot.com

Yvonne said...

Absolutely gorgeous!
hugs Yvonne

Words and Pictures said...

Jaw-droppingly fabulous! Oh, my goodness... one of my favourites of yours, definitely. The ruching and pleating on that amazing dress; the gorgeous stitching on the shaped panels; the fab little embellishments; beautiful die-cuts - and how glorious do all your laces look on the inside pages. Huge WOW from me!
Alison x

coldwaters2 said...

Wow tracy I am speechless....well almost.... this is one of the most beautifully designed cards that I have seen, there is so much delight and wonder to see, outstanding work.
hugs
lorraine x

Mona`s Bittelille Scrappekrok said...

Wow what a stunning piece of work! Absolutely love it. Great job, hunni! Hugs...Mona

Eulanda said...

FRIG!! OMG LADY!! This is absolutely incredible!! WOZERS!! Just everything about it is jaw dropping beautiful!! Hugs!

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Absolutely stunning, gorgeous design. Love all the lace. Beautifully put together. Tracy x

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Absolutely stunning, gorgeous design. Love all the lace. Beautifully put together. Tracy x

Unknown said...

Wow! Tracy this is a stunning work of art ,I love the beautiful lace and papers (Looks like they are from my favourite online shop )
You are so talented This is just amazing
Thank you for joining us at Just for Fun's 1st challenge and good look
Hugs Susan xx JFF DT member

Elaine said...

Good Lord Tracy!!
This is breathtakingly stunning!!
So detailed and a thing of beauty..I'd be too frightened to use it in case it got dirty paw prints in it!
Love it, you are so talented I need to rub shoulders with you!

Big hugs
Elaine xxx

Elaine’s Card Crafting said...

This is breathtakingly beautiful! What an amazing talent you have, thanks for joining us for our first challenge at "Just For Fun!"

Elaine xx

Christina C. said...

Good heavens, Tracy...........I'm speechless!!!!!
This is without a doubt one of the most phenomenal projects I have ever seen! It is absolutely exquisite...BRAVO on an outstanding job!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous, wonderful idea for those special lace pieces, just beautiful
Hugs Julie P

Shree's Blog said...

Ohhh Wow this is Totally Out of This World, a real special this be, lol xx

Gunn`s Kort said...

Oh wow, absolutely stunning!!
Thanks for joining us at Card and Scrap.
Hugs, Gunn:)

MinnaL said...

OMG !! THIS IS TOTALLY STUNNING ! Just came from vacation, this is first thing I looked and I'm totally speechless. GORGEOUS, AMAZING ! You are SO TALENTED ! :D

Unknown said...

fabulous book , gorgeous lace , amazing idea . Thank you for joining in at Just For Fun, JFF DT

Unknown said...

I see you're receiving as many comments and thumbs up here on your blog for this project as on FB and Instagram! Just checked Insta; 188 likes, which I believe is a new LLC record, so congrats! Well deserved; it's an incredible book. Love how you made the dress so shabby and all those trims and lace pieces inside the rings...not to mention the beautiful pages (yes I did take a peek on Pinterest)...and how you've let Sofiero shine on this project. Outstanding and incredibly inspirational work, Tracy. Thank you!!! Sandy xx

Nannieflash said...

Oh my Tracy I dont know where you find the time to create such intricate work, it must have taken you a long time to do the pleats in that skirt, well its just stunning and I salute your talent. hugs Shirleyxxx

jane stillman said...

Oh my word, this is absolutely stunning, the dress is awesome. Thank you for joining in the Just for Fun challenge, good luck

Heidi said...

Wow this is absolutely stunning!
Fantastic details:)
Hugs, Heidi:)

Karita said...

OMG!!!!
Tracy - has anyone told you yet how gorgeous this is????
Well it is!!!
Yeah, you´re the queen and this one proves it! ;)

Do you have my address so you know where to send this? ;)

Have a lovely day my friend :)
Hugs, Karita

unni's scrappeboble said...

Wooooow for et fantastisk flott kort,nyyyyydelig :)
Tusen takk for at du deltar på utfordringen vår :)

Unni
Card and Scrap

Tom said...

this is an awesome card! Thanks for sharing this with bastel-traum.ch! grz Tom

Tom said...

this is an awesome card! Thanks for sharing this with bastel-traum.ch! grz Tom

Unknown said...

Oh my god this is amazing , such detail. It's beautiful x

Unknown said...

Oh Tracy - this is just to die for - I LOVE the beautiful dress & those laces are just too stunning -actually it looks very much like my lace basket! ha.
So beautiful.x
Deb.x

Kim. said...

Oh my word this is quite simply stunning. I love everything about it. Thanks for joining us this month at Crafty Calendar Challenge's.
Kim xXx

Unknown said...

This is a stunning project! I love, love, love it!!! Beautiful, nice, gentle, stylish, original...I have a lot of words, but I'm speechless in front of your creation! Hope to see you again in our challenges. Regards, Tokbobok.

berucrafts said...

Thanks a lot for your awesome idea! You made a great job...and you are a winner now... You are curios? Than look at bastel-traum.blogspot.ch greetings from CH says Ute

Gail said...

So, this is the THIRD time I've come to your blog to look at your lace book and I'm still in awe of it. I love the shape, the papers and gee..the lace, too. :) I just think this is a beautiful beautiful project and I love it to pieces!!! Anyway, sorry to bother you again, but I felt awful to keep coming back to this post and NOT leave a note. Hugs, Gail